- Documents attestations/issuing of letters-related applications to be submitted at Room No. 32 of the Mission within 09:00 a.m. – 01:00 p.m. and delivery of the same at 03:30 p.m. on the same day;
- Attestation of Driving Licence and issuing a Translation of the Driving Licence: The photocopy of the genuine Driving Licence to be notarized with prior attestation from concerned Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA) in Bangladesh and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka; BRTA original money receipt and MoFA delivery slip to be submitted along with the attested DL; Photocopy/scanned copy of the DL/certificate will not be accepted;
- Attestation of marriage related documents: The marriage related documents should be submitted to the Mission after attestation from theMinistry of Law, Dhaka and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka. Scanned copies of the nikahnama/married/unmarried certificateswill not be accepted.
- To marry foreign women (especially Malaysian women):To marry a Malaysian woman an Affidavit (consent) from the applicant’s legal guardian (parents)needs to be submitted. Unmarried certificate to be collected from the Office of the concerned Deputy Commissioner’s (DC).Both affidavit and unmarried certificate are needed to prior attestation from the Ministry of Law, Dhaka and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka.Photocopies or scanned copies of the document will not be accepted.
- To issue a family letter/relationship letter:To get a family letter or relationship letter/Letter of Introduction (LOI) the applicant needs to submit his original marriage certificate/nikahnama after attesting these from both the Ministry of Law, Dhaka and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka along with copies of the valid passport and valid visa; Photocopies/scanned copies of the marriage certificate/nikahnamawill not be accepted;
- Attestation of Academic certificates: The academic certificates should be submitted to this Mission prior to attest these from the concerned Board/University in Bangladesh/Ministry of Education, Dhaka and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka; Photocopies/scanned copies of the certificateswill not be accepted.
- Power of Attorney: To sign/attest Power of Attorney from this Mission the applicant needs to submit the documents ona stamp paper/plain paper describing detailed informationof boththe power giver and the power receiver as per his passport/NID card.One copy passport size photograph, name and addresses of two witnesses (one from Malaysia and one from Bangladesh) and description of scheduled land/properties along with supporting documents on scheduled properties (Dalil, Khatian and Name Jari etc.)are needed to be submitted;As per Govt. instructions/order the Mission will not sign/attest Power of Attorney on Divorce related matters;
- To issue a Birth Certificate from this Mission for an infant/newborn baby: In order to issue a Bangladesh BRC for newborn babies born in Malaysia, the BRC issued by the concerned authorities of Malaysia needs to prior attestation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Malaysia, Putrajaya along with valid passport/visa, marriage certificate of the parents and filled-in online BRC application form;
Requirement for Attestation of Documents and Issuing Letters
Consular Fees for Consular Services: (Attestation and issuing letters only)
- Single letter/Attestation for one set document(not more than three (03) pages) for each person RM20 to be deposited to any Branch of May Bank, Malaysia addressed to Bangladesh High Commission, Kuala Lumpur Account No. 564427102268,)
- For Issuing Birth Certificate for newborn babies : RM20 to be deposited to any Branch of May Bank, Malaysia addressed to Bangladesh High Commission, Kuala Lumpur Account No. 564427509825)
Bangladesh High Commission, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No. 5B & 5C (Lot No. 9 & 10), Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra, 54100, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Telephone (PABX) 603-2604-0946/48/49
Fax: 603-2604 0934 & 2604 0935